Saturday, February 9, 2008

Charlie's Week 2/9/08 9 months 1 week old

I feel like I haven't been participating enough in the blog so far so I am going to try and keep a weekly log of what is happening in Charlie's life. We will see how successful I am. Here we go:

This week started with the Super Bowl! We had a big party at our house with lots of adults, kids, and way too much food. The Giants beat the previously undefeated Patriots in a shocker and a great game. I am happy for Eli Manning. He has finally gotten out of his brother's shadow. I think his ability to use the hot read and look off the safety are the main reasons he is playing better.....wait, I forgot I am supposed to be Charlie.

Starting again. The Super Bowl party was a lot of fun. I got to play with my friends Cy, Morgan, Amber, Kevin, Peyton, Kaden, Ethan, Evan, Chandler, and Jason. I stayed up later than all of them. I fell asleep toward the end of the game on Tricia's shoulder but then I got waken up by a lot of clapping. Chris got the blame for waking me but I suspect he wasn't the only one cheering. It was just in time, though as I got to see the big touchdown that won the game right after that.

The rest of the week couldn't really measure up to that night. I am cutting two teeth and it makes me grumpy sometimes. Wednesday night I got to go to dinner with my friend Bix, Brooke, and Stacey.

This week I learned how to clap every time I hear "Let's Go Maverick's" or anytime I see basketball on tv. I guess I won't miss football as much as I thought.....oh who am I kidding.

I think we are about ready to declare "star" as my first official word (except for Dada of course). I learned it at day care by looking at the stars hanging from the ceiling. Now everything that hangs from the ceiling is a star to me no matter what it looks like. I have gotten pretty good at saying it although it sounds more like "ta" to the adults.

Today Daddy promised to take me to Ticketstock so I could meet the Mavs Dancers but I got sick and instead had to go see old Dr. Martinez again. Daddy tells me he is nice but he always makes me cry. I think I would rather see the Mavs Dancers. We did get to go on a long walk in my baby jogger stroller with Mom, Dad, and Buddy. That was the highlight of my day. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.

Until next week,
CC

2 comments: